2 #kawepydians @ National Museum of Singapore

,السلام عليكم











22nd December 2016. So, me and Nas agreed to meet up at 11am. So I set my alarm at 10, just because I ned an hour to get ready. When I woke up at 10am, I got a message from Nas suggesting that perhaps we should be a little later which was 11.30am. Me being lazy and super tired in the morning, I agreed. So I continued sleeping till 10.30am. So gedebak-gedebuk, it was 11.30 and I waited for Nas’s message saying “Okay, I’m leaving”, but the message didn’t come in until 12 pm, by which I was already at her bus stop waiting for her. So fine, all is well. We took 518 and headed to Dhoby Ghaut.

We reached Dhoby Ghaut at 1.10pm or something. I suggested that we should just head to the Museum first since, 1.10pm on a weekday and Dhoby Ghaut just meant that there is a hell lot of office people getting their lunch. So, I just didn’t want to fact the crowd. But sadly, Nas was hungry. So before she become hangry, we decided to get some lunch (well I was a bit hungry. A bit. HAHA)
We went into Plaza Singapura, looking for food. Before that, I had to go to Samsung to get myself a new charger just because, my charger is no longer working. Okay, back to finding food. So finally we found Burger King, and surprisingly, it was relatively empty. Actually I don’t know if it is surprising or not. But oh wells, no one cares. So we ate and talk and ate and talk and about perhaps an hour later (?), we left for the Museum.

We went out via Exit A (just fyi gitu), and to our surprise, it was raining (actually tidak surprise sangat, cause we kinda expected it, cause it was rather dark and gloomy when we reach Plaza Singapura just now). So, I went back down the escalator, headed to 7-11, got myself a white 7-11 umbrella without the 7-11 logo on it. I didn’t mind buying that umbrella cause it sort of match what I was wearing, which was all black, so I thought it was cool. So, we opened our umbrellas and walked towards the museum.

When we reached the museum, we had to get our tickets, and the tickets were FREE for Singaporeans and PR if I am not mistaken. Got our tickets, pasted our green sticker and we were ready to see some art. But before that, we realise we did not know where to go. But somehow, Nas said we should go B1, and I am like OK. But we didn’t see an escalator and there was a lift which only goes up. So we walked into the museum and TADA we found the escalator, headed down to the first exhibition which was “What is not Visible is not Invisible”. I am not a person who has the knowledge to appreciate Art, but I do respect them (I hope my actions reflects me respecting them, cause, I don’t mean no disrespect), so I when into the exhibition with the intention to take artsy fartsy photos, that’s about it. I tried reading the explanation or elaboration or backstory about the art, but either their language were to cheem or I’m just quite dumb. HAHA.

 Anyways, for this particular exhibition, it was quite fun (to me). There was just so much space to move around and how there is silence. It felt very nice to be in there. This exhibition has lots of nice stuffs where you can (?) take photo with (?). It seems cool to me. Other than that, there is also a room with lots of huge green balloons. It was so fun. The awesome thing about it too, is that there is this security uncle whom will watch over the balloons, and warn naughty kids who keeps kicking it so hard and bursting or disturbing people who were busy trying to take photo, which I appreciate. Thank you uncle. You nice. So ya, it’s a nice exhibition to go to I guess.

After that, we went to another gallery (?), about Singapore’s history. That was nice too. Here, you would take lesser photos,  I guess, well, I didn’t take any actually. It was just nice to re-read Singapore’s history. This time I understood what was written, probably because I find it relatable or like I heard of it like ten thousand times? But it is fun. If you have kids who can already read, bring them here, so that they can know Singapore’s history. If you just like reading things which you can relate to, then come here too.  I enjoyed my time in there. It was nice. Like the gallery really explains from the early like super early Singapore to like now Singapore. It would be too lengthy for me to explain, but you should go there, because it is nice to see how much change Singapore went through. It cool. Only that, my legs hurt from all the walking. But well I am a 21-year-old girl with 61-year-old legs and stamina. HAHA. Actually some 61 can walk further or longer than me. HAHA.

Anyways, I forget to mention that, while busy taking photo in the first exhibition, me and Nas has to take turns holding the freaking umbrella. But I was like, it okay. This umbrella is going to be useful. SADLY, after we left the first exhibition, the umbrella broke into two. It was sad. Like I could have just save the hassle of carrying this idiot all the way, only for it to break at the end. Like, how could you do this to me umbrella. Why are you so mean. HAHA. Drama, but you get what I mean.

After the Singapore History Gallery thing, we went to Level 3, Singapore History was at Level 2. So we went level 3 for another exhibition/gallery (?) It was moving images of something. Like flowers and animals. Well I didn’t read what was it about, well I actually did but I didn’t understand. So ya. It was nice? I guess. But if you have some motion sickness or cannot look at continuous moving images, then do not enter. Actually among the 3 that we went, this last one was the most boring. LOL. Probably because we were tired already. So, the exit of this gallery is at the Singapore History gallery thing. You will end up at the entrance of the Singapore History gallery.

So, me and Nas sat at the entrance for a good half an hour, played games, shared images, sleep (not really, but somewhat).  So after that, we decided to head to Orchard to do some window shopping. And that’s the end of me membebeling. 

دلايزيت

Popular Posts